The role of the CISO is changing. What makes a good security leader depends on a number of ever-changing factors. Jason Hicks, Global CISO at Kudelski Security, recently joined the UberKnowledge podcast to talk about the future of security leadership. He covers the challenges of managing a security team, communication skills for technical leaders, coping with scope creep, and the rise of the branded CISO.
Did you find the podcast interesting? You can learn more about what it takes to become a CISO in our latest executive research. Click here to download the report.
- 01:40 — It is critical to the success of a security program for the CISO to speak business.
- 04:14 — “You have to be one to lead one” still holds true.
- 06:41 — The rise of the branded CISO.
- 11:24 — The CISO tenure remains short and there are several reasons why.
- 14:29 — Coping with scope creep.
- 17:11 — Top three issues for CISOs right now.
- Closing the Cyber Skills Gap: Why 2021 Is the Year of the Deputy - March 30, 2021
- Evolution to Becoming a Modern Day CISO - September 15, 2020
- Recruiting the Future of Security: Finding Future CISOs - August 21, 2020